Today I wanted to share my Lazy Girl’s Guide to Getting Ready When You’re Running Late. Now, I’m not really lazy- I just have lazy-like tendencies. One of those is tendencies is hitting the snooze button like it’s my job, which in turn can make me late for my actual job.
from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/08/lazy-girls-guide-getting-ready-youre-running-late/
from Tumblr https://jamikaheffner.tumblr.com/post/164710605924
Happy Monday everyone and hope you had a great weekend!
This dress (also love this tiered dress) is very regal. The high ruffle neckline, pleated layers, floor-sweeping hem, and height lengthening silhouette… a combination of grace and sophistication with loads of incredible movement. Special occasion piece, check. Outdoor summer/autumn dinner party dress, check. An elegant choice for bridesmaids, I can definitely see that!
So… I have this fear of revealing my age. Someone once told me that the entertainment industry is ageism (which is true) so letting people know my age will lessen my chances of working with some brands, growing my business, etc. I can understand why he grouped me in the ‘entertainment industry’ category, this was before there was a ‘content creator/blogger industry’ category. Thank goodness I’m not in the entertainment industry! And I just feel lighter saying this… I’m turning 35 today! And to be honest, I love love my thirties. I remembered very clearly when I turned 30… it was like a lightbulb went off and I became laser focus and more grounded. And with each passing year, it gets better and better. For those who are reading this and think… 30’s equals extinction… don’t worry, you’re right. What’s no longer in existence is your patience in dealing with nonsense.
Birthdays (and Thanksgiving?) are great reflection check points and I’ve learned so many powerful life lessons in my thirties and hope to learn more with each passing year. A few lessons I’ve learned:
- Fashion – dress what flatters your body shape, not your age. It doesn’t matter if you’re 20 or 40… you have great legs, show them off with shorts or skirts (I love adding contrast to the mini/short hem length by pairing them with long sleeve tailored pieces like a fitted blazer or light trench).
- Career – my mentor said this to me… always do things when you’re 80% ready or almost ready (as oppose to being 100% ready). The fear of the unknown is so great that the thought of seeking reassurance in being completely ready for something is very comforting. But seeking 100% readiness can be paralyzing, thus holding us back from actually completing the action/task. And she said… someday is not part of the week. Just put your head down, shoulder to the wheel, and jump at almost ready.
- Womanhood – My girlfriends and I joke about this a lot… when we were in our twenties, we tried so hard not to get pregnant. Now in our thirties, we want to but can’t. I’m not currently family planning or anything, but one of the biggest regrets is not freezing my eggs when I was in my late twenties. One, I was very career focus at that time. Two, I didn’t have money. Three, the thought of family building was the last thing on my mind. Looking back, I should have saved and looked into this. I’d love to have the option of starting a family one day, and the older I get, the opportunity to have children dramatically decreases. And seeing so many of my girlfriends trying and not succeeding, this option is turning into an honor. If you’re in your late twenties, I highly recommend looking into this. Just something to consider.
- Love – To all those who are in love, have a love-hate relationship with love, have loved and lost, have a complicated love, and have her love taken for granted… To every woman, my heart cheers and aches with you.
- Family – Family is something you can build and not defined by the one you are born into.
Time flies right? THANK YOU for being on this journey with me. Thank you for all of your love, support, and encouragement. Words can not express how thankful I am. As always, thank you so much for reading!
:: Outfit ::
Dress :: True Decadence (under $90)
Shoes :: Aquazzura (similar Steve Madden, under $70)
Bag :: Bottega Veneta
Accessories :: H&M braided headband | gold cuff
from Wendy’s Lookbookhttp://www.wendyslookbook.com/2017/08/august-birthday-tiered-dress-braided-hair/
from Tumblr https://jamikaheffner.tumblr.com/post/164705494389
Keep scrolling to discover the LA based sustainable fashion brands that my team and I have fallen in love with!
from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/08/sustainable-fashion/
from Tumblr https://jamikaheffner.tumblr.com/post/164595782834
Happy Friday everyone! A little dark romance with dashes of lace, sheer dots, and mini studs.
Just in case you’re in a shopping mood, I’ve compiled a weekend sales list full of pieces from $40 – $270 that will transition seamlessly from summer to autumn and from casual days to dressy nights. I hope it’s helpful and happy hunting!
Under $100 :: H&M boyfriend jeans (wardrobe stable!) | English Factory plaid dress | Topshop stripe shirtdress | Catherine Catherine Malandrino striped sweater dress | Enza Costa side slit midi dress (summer chic with sneakers!)
Under $150 :: Eliza J floral maxi dress (vacation ready!) | J Brand cropped jean jacket | DVF red ruffle top (as seen here) | Marissa Webb canvas skirt (as seen here) | H&M wool-blend red coat (timeless!)
Under $300 :: Muubaa leather biker jacket (classic!) | Marissa Webb peplum jacket (love!) | Tracy Reese lace stripe dress (date night perfect!)
Have a great weekend and thank you so much for reading!
:: Outfit ::
Dress :: ASOS
Bag :: Dior
Shoes :: Alexandre Birman (similar here, under $140)
Accessories :: Karen Walker sunglasses | Stila ‘Fiery’ lip color | Catbird tomboy ring
from Wendy’s Lookbookhttp://www.wendyslookbook.com/2017/08/dark-romance-lace-polka-dot-dress-tie-sandals/
from Tumblr https://jamikaheffner.tumblr.com/post/164585561304
It’s really important to have things prepared for those unexpected moments. Keep scrolling to discover my traveling with a toddler checklist!
from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/08/traveling-toddler-checklist/
from Tumblr https://jamikaheffner.tumblr.com/post/164558211299
While nothing looks quite like a sexy pair of heels, they can be crazy uncomfortable. But believe it or not, there’s a way to look taller in photos- without heels! More than one, in fact. Keep scrolling to read about my styling tips to make you look long and lean in all your photos!
from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/08/look-taller-photos-without-heels/
from Tumblr https://jamikaheffner.tumblr.com/post/164520347669
Happy Wednesday everyone and greetings from beautiful New York City! I’m back home now and couldn’t be happier. When I left San Francisco, my brother and I talked and I’m hoping he can come out to NYC in a few weeks. He’s never been and I can’t wait to show him around!
While I still love every moment of late summer, I’m looking very forward to fall. The leaves changing colors, the cool breeze, and for the fashion season… boots. And these boots! The shape and silhouette for autumn! Gracing many collections on the Autumn/Winter runways, fitted boots emerged as a new favorite. A sock-like appearance and slim structure, these stretch-knit boots are beautifully reimagined with patent details. The streamlined silhouette pairs gracefully with cropped jeans and mini lengths while the block heel makes for a comfortable stride. I’ve been wearing these boots non-stop! Just yesterday with an asymmetric ruffle skirt and tucked-in shirt for a meeting and the other night with a shirtdress and wide belt for date night.
Thank you so much for reading! And special thanks to Marc Fisher LTD for partnering on this post!
:: Outfit ::
Shoes :: Marc Fisher LTD ‘Tache’ boots
Bag :: Dior
Top :: A.W.A.K.E. long trench | Frame striped top
Bottom :: Zara
Accessories :: Karen Walker sunglasses
from Wendy’s Lookbookhttp://www.wendyslookbook.com/2017/08/new-york-minute-cap-toe-bootie-long-trench/
from Tumblr https://jamikaheffner.tumblr.com/post/164509378299